LifeStraw Has Water Purification Covered
Lifestraw is a company that offers you a one stop resource for water purification. Whether you need to purify and filter water on the go or at your base camp these guys have the gear you need. Water is the one thing we can not live without so your ability to find and purify water should be your number one prep.
LifeStraw Personal Water Filter
The LifeStraw is simple to use and extremely light weight coming in at only 55 grams this will not weigh you down! I personally have eight of these, one for each of my Bug Out Bags, in my EDC bag, and one in each of my vehicles. At just under twenty dollars these straws are affordable and well worth it if you ever need to use it. The one draw back is that it doesn’t allow you to take clean water with you. You can however take unfiltered water with you in a canteen and drink from it through the straw later when you need it. Just remember that the water bottle or canteen is now considered to be contaminated for any future use. I have used these on hikes before to try them out and they worked like a charm.
- Award-winning LifeStraw has been used by millions around the globe since 2005
- Removes minimum 99.9999% of waterborne bacteria (>LOG 6 reduction) and surpasses EPA standards for water filters
- Removes minimum 99.9% of waterborne protozoan parasites (>LOG 3 reduction) and filters to an amazing 0.2 microns
- Filters up to 1000 liters of contaminated water WITHOUT iodine, chlorine, or other chemicals
- Comes in a sealed bag, perfect for storing for emergencies
Life straw also came out with a new steel version of their famous straw that is meant to take a beating. However, if you read the instructions it clearly states that dropping or banging the device to hard can cause the filter to not work properly. This is important to note as the steel may fool you into thinking that it is sturdier than it’s counterpart. The filters are a tool and they need to be taken care of and treated accordingly. This LifeStraw is 118 grams a little heavier than the original but still very light weight.
Steel LifeStraw Basics
- Removes minimum 99.9999% of Waterborne bacteria (>log 6 reduction) and surpasses EPA standards for water filters
- Removes minimum 99.9% of Waterborne protozoan Parasites (>log 3 reduction) and filters to an amazing 0.2 Microns
- Replaceable Carbon capsule provides 2Nd stage filtration that reduces chlorine, Organic chemicals, odors and bad taste
- Made of durable, food-grade stainless steel with cap; meets FDA standards
- Requires no batteries, pumping, iodine or waiting – drink directly from water source
LifeStraw Mission High-Volume Gravity-Fed Water Purifier
If you are looking for a base camp filter then LifeStraw has you covered. This gravity fed purifier Can be hung from a tree limb and filed with 12 liters of water for you to filter as needed. The filter will keep working for about 18,o00 liters or 4,755 gallons of water.
Gravity Fed Purifier Basics
- Gravity-fed, high-capacity, Hollow Membrane water purifier; ideal for group camping
- This filter removes virtually all bacteria (99.9999%), protozoa (99.99%), and Viruses (99.999%) that can contaminate water
- Compact roll-bag reservoir Available in 5 liter (1.3 gallon) and 12 liter (3.1 gallon) sizes
- Easy to use and maintain; requires no chemicals, batteries, pumping or moving parts
- Lifetime filtration capacity of 18,000 liters (4,755 gallons)